Tentative Due Date: March 1st
The student will use preexisting film/video footage to construct a 2 to 5 minute video with Sound and Titles. The new work may be a satire of, or comments on the material used, or a completely new meaning may be created. The footage may be attained from DVD, Blu-ray, YouTube, television or websites such as archive.org
Students are encouraged to help each other on video shoots, but not required. “I’ll scratch your back, you scratch mine”
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- PROJECTS NOT TURNED IN ON SCHEDULE WILL BE REDUCED IN GRADE BY
25% PER DAY
- DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE TO RENDER AND OUTPUT YOUR VIDEO
- BE COURTEOUS WHILE SOMEONE ELSE IS SHOWING THEIR VIDEO
- DO NOT USE POP MUSIC (Rock, Punk, Alt, Country, R&B etc.) IN YOUR VIDEO.
- IN OTHER WORDS, DO NOT TURN YOUR WORK INTO A MUSIC VIDEO. IF YOU DO, YOU WILL BE REEDITING IT AT A 25% GRADE REDUCTION!!!!!