Tentative Due Date: Feb 1st
You and/or partner shall adhere to the following criteria in your 1st endeavor. Examples of all of the following shots,camera moves, and effects must be included in your Video. This project must be edited in the camera. For example: If your opening shot is the main campus building, then you must go outside and shoot it first. If your second shot is in the art building then you must then go there next to get the shot. If your last shot is in the parking lot, then it is the very last shot recorded.
YOU MUST SHOOT YOUR ENTIRE PROJECT IN ORDER.
CONCENTRATE ON TELLING YOUR STORY WITH THE SHOTS, NOT DIALOG
- Extreme Long Shot
- Long Shot
- Medium Shot
- Extreme Close-up
- Focus Pull (Optional)
In Camera Effects (Optional)
- Manual Shutter – slow/fast speeds
- Manual Apeture – over/under exposure
- Effects – fade, dissole, old movie, solarize, etc.
- White Balance – Adjust using presets: sports/night/rain/snow etc. or turn off/on
- The camera movements must be used in conjunction with a particular shot.
- Any number of Shots or Camera Movements may be included in you video, but they must all be included. They can be used in any order!
- Projects are to be shot on campus, during class, return by ___________ Please use the allotted time to shoot; I do not want to see you back in class within a single hour!
- Students will work as a TEAM if working in pairs
- Your video does not have to embrace a storyline or narrative structure; it can simply be about the continuity or progression of the shots themselves.
- Finished video should be approximately 2-3 minutes
Additional Information Before Shooting:
- Pick up camera from equipment room
- Make sure you charge the Batteries the night before!!!!
- Check lens for dirt, Clean if necessary. i.e. lens Tissue, Soft Kleenex Brand Tissue(no aloe)
- Set camera Audio to 48khz if available
- Make sure the Camera is set to the highest bit-rate (quality) setting
- Finished IN-Camera video should be 2 to 3min
- Return to class by _________ Do not come back in a hour!
Students are encouraged to help each other on video shoots, but not required. “I’ll scratch your back, you scratch mine”
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- PROJECTS NOT TURNED IN ON SCHEDULE WILL BE REDUCED IN GRADE BY
25% PER DAY
- DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE TO RENDER AND OUTPUT YOUR VIDEO
- BE COURTEOUS WHILE SOMEONE ELSE IS SHOWING THEIR VIDEO
- DO NOT USE POP MUSIC (Rock, Punk, Alt, Country, R&B etc.) IN YOUR VIDEO.
- IN OTHER WORDS, DO NOT TURN YOUR WORK INTO A MUSIC VIDEO. IF YOU DO, YOU WILL BE REEDITING IT AT A 25% GRADE REDUCTION!!!!!